Old Oaks Response to Corona (COVID-19) Virus
COVID-19 - Help by Paying your Rent
At Old Oak, we are committed to helping those in our community who need it most. In addition to making a $100,000 donation, all scheduled rent increases will be donated to the United Way of London. We thank you for continuing to pay your rent. Together we can assist those who need it the most.
As the COVID-19 Virus continues to spread, we are here to advise you of Old Oaks’ best practices and inform you of additional steps we are taking to maintain a healthy and safe environment. After all, every one of us deserves to feel relaxed and at piece in our homes.
Our constant commitment to keeping our staff, our residents and their guests as healthy and safe is as important now as ever. To ensure this commitment to you, we will be doubling down and stepping up on these best practices that are already in place.
At all our buildings, we are increasing the frequency of cleaning protocols, especially in high activity areas. Sanitizing stations and sanitizers have been provided in each building . In addition, we are keeping constant communication with local health care professionals for the most up to date recommendations and updates from the Government of Canada.
A few things we would like to remind all our residents about during this outbreak:
- If you are feeling unwell, please take into consideration those around you and stay at home. If you are experiencing symptoms of fever, shortness of breath, or cough, please consult medical advice and stay away from hospitals or public areas.
- Thoroughly wash your hands for 20 seconds with warm water as often as possible
- Avoid touching your face, specifically your nose, eyes and mouth
- Avoid shaking hands or contact greetings
- Keep eating well and drink lots of water
- Practice Social Distancing by maintaining 6 feet apart from others whenever possible
The goal of our protocols and this memo is to prevent the spread of the virus. We are deeply appreciative of the nurses, doctors, paramedics, researchers and scientists at the frontline of the response.
For the most up to date information in Canada, we recommend visiting:
We are grateful for your support and appreciate your extra care during this time.
back to news