Senior Construction SuperintendentPosted on August 7th, 2019
Title: Senior Construction Superintendent
Reports to: Director, Development and Construction
Department: Development and Construction
Work Location: Jobsite (various locations)
Role Summary and Purpose:
To perform on-site management of all construction related activities in accordance with all applicable project documentation, codes, regulations and policies.
- Act as the Owner’s representative on site.
- Take every reasonable precaution to maintain the safety and security of all workers, materials, equipment and property.
- Always demonstrate safety leadership by establishing and maintaining a safe working environment and diligent safety culture on site.
- Direct and supervise labour staff on site.
- Direct and supervise subcontractors, consultants and vendors on site.
- Schedule subcontractors, consultants and vendors in a critical path to ensure the timely completion of the project per the construction schedule.
- Ensure subcontractors, consultants and vendors fulfill their contractual obligations.
- Perform daily inspections of all work and ensure quality control.
- Facilitate the exchange of information between the owner, subcontractors, consultants, vendors and bodies of authority in a professional, concise and timely fashion.
- Coordinate inspections with local jurisdictions.
- Maintain daily logs of site activities.
- Preside over site meetings as required.
- Participate in Joint Health and Safety Meetings as required.
- Respond to, and document incidents on site including but not limited to injuries, property damage, theft or harassment.
- Assist in building and maintaining budgets, schedules and other project documents as required.
- Identify and bring cost savings opportunities, scope gaps and procedural improvements forward to the Project Manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary education in Construction Technology, Construction Management or Architectural Technology an asset but not mandatory.
- 10+ years experience in the construction industry in a supervisory role.
- Professional and ethical leadership and interpersonal skills, ability to resolve conflicts, excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to use a computer and basic Microsoft Office programs such as Outlook.
- Proficient in construction terminology and blueprint reading.
- Must possess a G Drivers license and clean driving record.
- Must be able to work outdoors in all weather conditions, navigate uneven ground, climb stairs, perform minor physical duties, see and hear well in changing conditions.
Note: The physical demands described here represent typical working conditions on a construction site. Old Oak will make reasonable accommodations for those individuals with disabilities. However, the demands of the role may render some individuals unsuitable as it would pose a risk to their safety and the safety of others.
Senior Construction Superintendents are expected to be on-site full-time Monday-Friday during hours of activity on site. Hours may vary.
Email us your resume - email@example.com