Journaling for Beginners. 20 Fun & Explorative Writing Prompts.
Have you ever wanted to keep a journal but aren't sure how or where to start?
Keeping a journal can be extremely cathartic. It can help you better understand your feelings and release stress. Sometimes though it's hard to put pen to paper and know where to begin or what to write about. When you're stumped writing prompts can be helpful.
Here are some fun topics to get your creative juices flowing.
1. Describe a place from your past.
2. What is something you love about yourself, why?
3. What new thing did you try that didn't work out how you hoped?
4. What new thing did you try that worked out well?
5. How has the world changed in the past 10 years?
6. If your life was a movie what movie would it be and why?
7. Two things you would like to own and why?
8. Two things you already own that you love and why?
9. If you could share one thing with your 16 year old self what would it be?
10. If you could meet anyone dead or alive to have a conversation with, who would it be and why? What questions would you ask?
11. When was the last time you cried? Why?
12. When was the last time you laughed uncontrollably, why?
13. What did you dream about last night?
14. What was your favorite year for fashion, why?
15. What area of your life could use a little more attention, why?
16. How would you like to spend a week? Beach vacation, camping trip, or luxury hotel in a big bustling city, why?
17. What is your favorite meal of the day? Why?
18. Do you give others second chances? Why or why not?
19. Biggest pet peeves? Why?
20. What makes you proud? Why?
Don't stop here keep going!
back to blog